Monday, April 15, 2013

Lemon Zest : Part I

Source
Did you know that color is the first thing that you notice about any object that you see? Some people, me for instance, especially respond to color; often the color the one thing that really makes me like an article of clothing or an accessory. Incorporating a novel color into your outfit is one of the easiest ways to make a modest outfit look contemporary. Twice a year, the Pantone color authority releases a review of the top ten colors for the season. This is after they analyze the trends on the runways at New York Fashion Week. One of those trending colors for Spring and Summer of 2013 is a beautiful yellow they have named "lemon zest."

This week I'm going to be doing a mini-series on this cheerful color. Here's some inspiration from the runway, the street, and lookbooks for wearing yellow this spring.

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source

Source

Source
Source

So, what's the rest of the mini-series look like? Tomorrow I'll show you some modest clothes and accessories in lemon and other yellows. Wednesday, I'll make some dream outfits on Polyvore showing you how you can wear a little or a lot of yellow depending on your complexion. Thursday, I'll show you how I wear yellow in a way that becomes me. But not just me. It helps to see how lots of real girls with different skin tones wear this color. If you have an outfit with a dash of yellow that you want to share, send it to fashionedanddesigned (at) gmail (dot) com, and I might feature you in Thursday's post!

Sound good? What wardrobe theme would you like to see me cover next?

No comments:

Post a Comment