Saturday, April 27, 2013

30x30 Remix Challenge : Day 12





What I'm Wearing:
22) Denim vest- ?
27) Maxi dress- Made by me
30) Brown flats- Target
LOFT Outlet tooth necklace

This dress is a delight to wear (if you couldn't tell!). Spinning around in it was a little awkward; generally I'm not a twirly girlie. But if anything makes me want to twirl, it's this! Even walking down the stairs, I like the feeling of it floating and swishing around my ankles. The skirt of the dress is a circle skirt, which I sunburst pleated and gathered, so it has a lot of fabric and wonderful movement.

The lining goes just past my knees, by the way. I don't want anyone to think it's one of those peek-a-boo chiffon skirts. Although I need your opinion on that. I don't go around telling everyone who sees me that there's a lining under this that goes down to my knees.  Normally, I don't twirl around in this or lift up the skirt to any immodest heights, but even so, someone might see that the fabric is semi-sheer around my ankles and get the idea that it's see-through all the way up even though they don't actually see anything. Am I overthinking this, or would it be best to extend the lining all the way down and make sure it's obviously there?

Advance warning: I'm going to try to catch up on my 30x30 posts today. I still haven't posted days 5 and 6, yesterday or today! I think I'll lump those into two posts; I don't want to clog up your feed too much!


No comments:

Post a Comment