Monday, April 8, 2013

New Blog Feature : Modest Style of the Week Mini-Series

Source

Here's how it will work: Each week's mini-series will revolve around a theme. It might be a trend- anything from a color to a shoe style to a type of sleeve- or it might be a wardrobe basic. Either way, we will find  ways to wear it with modesty and touches of personal style. Every Monday the mini-series will begin with inspiration from the runway or the street. Tuesday we'll cover where to find it, particularly if modest variations of the style aren't abundant. On Wednesday, I'll show you some ways to style Tuesday's finds. Then on Thursday I'll show you how I wear the look using my own clothes and announce the theme of next week's mini-series.

I've chosen the chambray shirt as the very first Modest Style of the Week. Here are just a few of my favorite ways to wear it:

Source
Use it in place of a blouse with a pencil skirt and blazer.

Source
Brighten it up with warm, bold colors like red and yellow.

Source
It acts as a foil to toughen up delicate fabrics. Got a skirt made of lace, tulle, chiffon, or floral calico? A chambray shirt is just what it needs. In t-shirt form it's a clean backdrop for statement jewelry.

Source
If jeans or a denim skirt with a tee is your daily uniform, this is the same look- in reverse. Put your denim on the top and your eye-catching pattern and color on the bottom. A necklace with colored stones makes your face the focal point still.

Tomorrow in Part II of the Chambray Shirt Mini-Series I'll show you a few versatile chambray shirts. I enjoy looking at fashion articles, browsing online stores, and styling clothes, so I can do this all on my own. BUT it's even more fun when you do it with someone else. So if you have styled an outfit- either your own or on Polyvore- with some chambray in there somewhere, please send it to fashionedanddesigned (at) gmail (dot) com and I will try to feature it later in the week. Include the name you'd like to go by and the link to your blog or site if you have one; I always credit and link to my sources.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin so you don't miss anything!

1 comment:

  1. I love the chambray top trend. I didn't at first, and it took a long time for it to win me over, but now I think that my chambray button-up is an indispensable staple in my wardrobe (despite the fact that I've only worn it once on my blog, haha)!

    I can't wait to see more posts in this series!

    ~Vicki
    Decked Out in Ruffles

    ReplyDelete